Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hair: what I use for my colored hair and color tips and tricks!

Hey girls! You probably didn't know that my hair is color-treated because I have blond streaks! Continuing in my hair series, I will be showing everything I use for my color-treated hair, products I use and love.

In case you're wondering, here are answers to often asked questions and  two tips if your hair is color-treated (these tips apply more if all your hair is colored, not just streaks)

What is a color care shampoo for?
A color care product will be softer, which is excellent if your hair is color-treated. Most of the time and it's most important aspect is that it will enhance your coloration. What's good about enhancing your color is that you won't have to go get your hair done again so often (if you have streaks). 
How can I tell if my shampoo is working?
Well, as I mentioned, you will be able to tell if your hair color is brightened and enhanced. 
What do I recommend?
As I always recommend, you should switch once in a while with another shampoo, and you'll see below that I switch with another color-care shampoo. If all your hair is colored, and you have more than just simple streaks, I recommend using a shampoo made entirely for the color you dyed your hair, cause that's just what I would do, but anything else works of course.
Tip 1
Protect your hair from the sun with a hat because UV rays can deplete color-treated hair of its brilliance.
Tip 2
Rinse your hair with fresh water after being in the pool (salt or chlorinated water)


So, when I first got my streaks last year, my hair stylist recommended the Sexy Hair products, which were available at the salon. My mom bought it for me, and it smelled super yummy, but as you're probably guessing, it's high end and so, a little expensive. What we bought was called the Healthy Sexy Hair Reinvent Color Care shampoo. I did really like that, but I love Herbal Essences shampoos, so I went towards them to see if they had a color care shampoo and they did!
But before I go on with Herbal Essences, I know that Bumble and Bumble have the Color Minded shampoo and conditioners for color-treated hair as well. That's actually a high end product as well (shampoo and conditioner together give you a total of almost 60$) but maybe if you're already using a Bb product and you've colored your hair you'd like to try it out.
Healthy Sexy Hair color care shampoo

color minded sulfate free shampoo
Bb's color minded

Back to what I use for my hair,

As I was saying, I tried buying Herbal Essences. Can I just say, the smell of this shampoo (called Colour Me Happy) is super delicious! If it wasn't a shampoo, I'd eat it (most-likely drink it)! ;) So, I like this a lot and I  recommend this so much because it's inexpensive and it works (that's all you need, right?). 

conditioner for colour-treated hair
The shampoo I currently use

When I'll switch my shampoo, I'll use the l'Oréal Paris Color Care shampoo but I won't extend myself on the subject because I plan on making a review about that soon in my hair series.
A friend recently gave me this L'Oréal Shampoo



More shampoos if you have colored hair!


  1.  Bed Head products 
 You've decided to go brunette or red head? Try the Bed Head Colour Goddess


Or... you recently became blonde? This time you'll need the Bed Head Dumb Blonde shampoo!

2. Garnier Color Shield


Garnier Hair care Fructis Color Shield Shampoo

3. Pantene

Color Preserve Shine Shampoo
COLOR HAIR SOLUTIONS COLOR PRESERVE SHINE SHAMPOO
Pantene also have shampoos like Brunette Expressions, and the link to that will be below. 

4. John Frieda
Liquid Shine Illuminating Shampoo

                    Colour Magnifying<sub>™</sub> Enhancing Shampoo
Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo

Info on these products:

Sexy Hair website: http://sexyhair.com/index.aspx

Don't miss my L'Oréal shampoo review! 

Hope you enjoyed reading this and that it was helpful for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment