Friday, August 24, 2012

Hair: products to repair your hair and/or make it stronger

Hey girls! Today I will be introducing you to some well-working products if you have damaged hair.

Maybe you already know this, but hairspray, bleach, and styling tools (that you need to heat) can damage you hair. If you've abused of these, the products below can help you.
But before diving in these products, here are my tips if you have damaged hair.
My best tip
This has nothing to do with damaged hair, but do not believe it if one day you read someone saying that the same shampoo can damage your hair. You can try out new things, it doesn't matter! Just make sure you don't switch it up too much. The whole point of this tip is that if you use the same shampoo all the time, and you never switch it up, if you end up washing it with a new one it could get bad because your hair isn't used to change.
Don't wash your hair every day
Never put too many chemicals in your hair; washing your hair everyday will do that. For that reason I'm very careful; I wash my hair every two days, and I don't curl, straighten, or use products like hairspray. But, it's not something to be paranoied about. That's just my daily wash, and I don't need to straighten, and curling lasts like 5 minutes on my type of hair! So just be careful with those things.
Get a slight cut
The ends of your hair tend to get dry and damaged; this happens to everyone. Try getting an inch or have an inch off. I do this every month to keep my hair healthy.
Remember HAIR (I found this on Yahoo and added my personal touch to the text)
H: healthy body, healthy hair. Eat foods that are rich in proteins like nuts, fruits and vegetables. Like I said, we don't want to make a drama out of this, so I suggest just eat these once in a while to keep your hair healthy.
A: Actions speak louder than words. Our scalp produces sebum. Combing will distribute this oil all over your hair making it shinier. This action also means massaging your scalp which means better blood flow that translates to stronger hair (which means you can try those massaging spiders) like this:
I: invigorate with conditioner. Shampoos are good at cleaning our hair. Unfortunately, it also strips our hair of essential oils, that's why it's imperative we follow it up with conditioners to return moisture to our hair. Also, shampoos with coconut are good for your hair because coconut contains rich oils our hair loves. Don't forget to use cold water to rinse to lock in that moisture.
R: Rest your weary hair. Perming, coloring, relaxing, rebonding, very frequent blow-drying and ironing all put a lot of stress on our hair. It may turn out great after our trip to the salon but eventually when new hair grows you'll see that it has lost its luster and hair has become brittle. 
Dry natural 
I always let my hair dry naturally because it'll cause less damage. Try tricks like twisty towels. 

1: try Lush's Rehab 

What Rehab is said to do: Rehab is about bringing your hair and scalp back to basics and repairing it with an array of nutritious ingredients. Enzymic papaya cleanses, while almond oil softens the follicles. It doesn't take long for this shampoo to restore your hair to youth and vitality. Once your hair has been put into Rehab, you'll never look back. (From the Lush website)
What customers think about Rehab: "I have long, wavy, baby fine hair that has seen it's fair share of damage over the years (primarily from repeated coloring). My utmost worry was that the rich, conditioning oils in Rehab might weigh my hair down, but my worries were completely unfounded! After my first shower with Rehab, my hair was left soft, supple, shiny, bouncy, and in better shape than I had seen it in years!
Rehab lathers well, producing handfuls of lush, moisture-rich bubbles. I could feel the enzyme-laden juices and protective oils melting into my hair, leaving it so smooth, I barely needed to use conditioner! While the scent of this shampoo is a minty herbal blend that may strike the user as vaguely medicinal, it's hardly obtrusive, and it doesn't linger in the hair once you've washed it out.
Overall, I adore Rehab! I'd recommend this product to anyone with tired, damaged hair in need of a little tender loving care. Don't be scared off by the price. A little dollop of this shampoo goes a long way, so a large bottle ought to last you quite a while, and the extra expense is worth it (I dare say, this may be one of the very best shampoos I've ever used)."

Rehab's featured ingredient: pineapple juice
What's my tip?: to try out Rehab, first buy the smaller bottle (try it out and for a better price than the 500 ml) 


Lush Rehab shampoo

2: try Herbal Essences

This is a way more affordable option and a brand I totally trust! Herbal Essences Bye-Bye Breakage
I love Herbal Essences, all their shampoos smell so good and it's super fun to try out new ones! 

What Bye-Bye Breakage is said to do: so you have been heartbroken over damaged hair. our shampoo and conditioner with a fusion of royal jasmine and sea silk will lend a hand. our rich formula will help your hair find strength against styling damage and lift your heart. if you are in a hurry to mend this broken heart, our 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner formula will take care of you.(taken from Herbal Essences site)
What customers think about Bye-Bye Breakage: rated 5 stars
Bye-Bye Brekage scent: jasmine flowers
their science: "we treat each strand with a potent potion for strength against styling damage that leads to less breakage so your hair can be strong."
bye-bye breakage conditiner
Bye-Bye Breakage


New from Herbal Essences is Honey I'm Strong. Smells so yummy, you should give it a try!

strengthening shampoo

3: try Bumble and Bumble

This shampoo is just your regular shampoo for damaged hair, and it is said on the site that is it for the the truly damaged (who regularly color, straighten or perm). So definitely try this if you are a Bb fan!
                                                     mending shampoo
4: try Pantene

For this product as well as the Herbal Essences, you won't have to spend too much money. 
NORMAL-THICK HAIR SOLUTIONS BREAKAGE TO STRENGTH SHAMPOO
Last but not least, try Garnier

Garnier Hair care Fructis Damage Repair Fortifying Shampoo

These products online
LUSH Rehab: click here
Herbal Essences: click here
Bumble and Bumble: click here
Pantene: click here
Garnier: click here

Hope you enjoyed and that this was helpful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment